We pride ourselves in honest work and serving our communities with respect, and that's how we feel should always do business and how we try to treat every customer.
But for those that are nitty gritty and need set rules, read on.
Please keep in mind that we do not accept any articles with bio-hazardous material (blood, vomit, or human excrement).
Return and Warranty Policies-Shoes
You may return any item UNWORN in original condition and packaging within 15 (fifteen) days of receipt for exchange or for full refund of the purchase price. Returned goods must be in condition to be returned to stock.
Special orders must be pre-paid and are final sales and can not be returned or refunded unless there is an error in size in which case a new size will be ordered.
All items on sale are final sales, no returns and no exchanges. No exceptions.
It is an industry standard to have all repairs be prepaid, but here at Modern Cobblery™ we only reserve the right to request a deposit or at times request a full payment before we start work, but the majority of our repair work is post-paid or at your convenience, so please do not abuse.
All repair work must be picked up within 30 days after completion, after that there will be a $5 storage fee.
After 6 months after repair completion, they will be considered forfeited and will be sold or donated at our discretion whether you have a balance pending or not.
Only exception is hospitalization, death, or acts of nature in which case we could waive part of fees. Other than that, THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS.
All repairs, once agreed (either verbally or written) IS a contract and is subject to $5 FEE if the customer wants to cancel repair. NO EXCEPTIONS!
After work has started (even when tear down has started), no cancellations allowed.
Shoe Repair Warranty
Most re-soling and rebuilding repairs will carry a limited 6 month warranty, that means that as long as the components are in good working order or have not been worn out, we guarantee that glue, adhesives, or stitching or any repair itself will not come apart within 6 months or 50% or tread or use, whichever comes first. All re-gluing repairs carry a 6 month or whatever the manufacturer warranty is, whichever is less. All additional repair shall not cost more than original repair. Modern Cobblery™ or owners shall not be liable for any consequential or incidental damages. Warranty will be void from being exposed to misuse or extreme, adverse conditions, or if customer willingly waives this right or warranty by asking for a job beyond proper repair-ability.
On stretched shoes, we are not responsible for blow outs, tears, rips, zipper failures, discoloration or fading.
As another reminder, WE DO NOT ACCEPT ARTICLES WITH BLOOD, VOMIT, HUMAN EXCREMENT, OR OTHER BIO-HAZARDOUS MATERIAL. We can proceed with legal action if you willingly bring this in and do not disclose it.
We work with shoes all day and we have high tolerance for weird funky smells, but if you bring in a pair of shoes that expel an odor so foul that we have to use an industry grade mask to work on your shoes, we will add a $20 to your bill upon pick up. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS!
Shoe Repair Disclosures
We will do our best job to the best of our abilities, but there will always be shortcomings on certain type of jobs and therefore we have to disclose them to be sure you are aware of them. Modern Cobblery and owners shall not be liable for damages, especially ones beyond our control. Modern Cobblery and owners shall not be liable for any consequential or incidental damages.
Leather and shoe cleaning:
1. We will do our best to clean your item but we cannot guarantee that we can remove all stains.
2. Shrinkage of all materials is unpredictable and may occur.
3. Slight changes in shades of color or top finished may occur on all materials.
4. Insect bites and scars on leather that have been covered by manufacturer could show afterward.
5. Breaks and skin lines are common and may show to be more apparent.
6. Unevenly matched skin lines are common and may show more unevenly.
7. May cause bleeding in all materials which in turn causes change of color.
8. May cause hardware pieces to bleed into all material types and may stain material.
9. Leather that is cleaned may show darker areas where leather is scuffed.
Shoe and leather Dying:
1. We cannot guarantee that the color will match the given swatch 100%.
2. Glue used in the construction of the item may become more visible after the item is dyed.
3. The dyed color will possibly look different when viewed in different types of lighting or sunlight.
4. If items are worn or used in the rain or come in contact with water the dye will run or bleed.
1. Stretching the width may or may not give you more room in the length and stretching could vary from one shoe to another.
2. Stretching may cause some finish imperfections on the inner sole and/or lining.
3. Slight changes in color shade or top finish may occur on all materials.
4. May Cause some wrinkling, buckling, and peeling.
5. We are not responsible if the shoe tears or is damaged or if it has been over-stretched in any way during the stretching process.
6. Old or dry leather can be torn when stretching.
7. ALL Shoe stretching is done at the customers risk.
Red Wing Shoes®
All Red Wing shoes, boots, and accessories are covered by Red Wing return policies and defect warranties and are excluded from this stores return policies and can change without prior notice.
As of now, Red Wing has the following warranties:
RED WING BRAND 30 DAY UNCONDITIONAL COMFORT GUARANTEE.
If during the first thirty (30) days immediately following your purchase you are not satisfied with the comfort of your Red Wing branded product for whatever reason, Red Wing will refund the purchase price to you, no questions asked, provided you still have your dated receipt of purchase. No adjustment will be given without the original receipt of purchase. You must return your Red Wing product to the Red Wing Shoe dealer from which it was purchased. Limit one return per customer.
ONE-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY RELATING TO RED WING FOOTWEAR
Footwear products bearing the "Red Wing" or "Red Wing Shoes" label are warranted against defects in workmanship and materials. If within 6 months of purchase, a defect occurs in a Red Wing branded footwear product as the result of normal use, Red Wing will repair the defect or exchange the product. If a product defect occurs as the result of normal use within 6 to 12 months after purchase, Red Wing will repair the defect or issue a credit for 50% of the purchase price. If a product defect occurs as the result of normal use 12 months or more after purchase, Red Wing may, at its option, issue a fair and reasonable credit that can be applied to the purchase of Red Wing branded footwear. The amount of the credit will be determined in the dealer's sole judgment. Product failures caused by excessive or abusive wear conditions do not qualify for exchange or purchase credit. This warranty is available only to the original purchaser and is not transferable. No adjustment will be given without the original receipt of purchase. You must return your footwear to the Red Wing Shoe dealer from which the footwear was purchased.
DISCLAIMER: The limited warranty relating to Red Wing branded footwear is in lieu of any other express warranty. No agent, employee or representative of Red Wing has any authority to bind Red Wing to any affirmation, representation or warranty concerning Red Wing branded footwear products, except as stated herein. Red Wing shall not be liable for any consequential or incidental damages.
This limited product warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state. Any implied warranties shall be effective for a period not exceeding 12 months from the date of purchase. Some states do not allow manufacturers to impose time limitations on certain implied warranties, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
Please refer to Red Wing Warranty site for further information or stop by our location.